DaoQi Acupuncture believes that we all pass through our life experiences so that we can become the teachers to help others in similar circumstances. We shall offer equally to every person without discrimination, full healing treatments. We also consider every treatment necessary of encompassing lifestyle changes, nutrition importance, daily practice and adding acupuncture to find a balance point within.
As a Chinese Medicine Practitioner, Acupuncture is just one part of the treatment that most people are familiar with. However I use cupping on the Back-Shu points first to diagnose things like blood, qi and the internal organs. Cupping can also treat pain and aches so it makes a nice opener with Tui na, chinese massage to warm up the body and neurological system. Other modalities I use are estim (electrodes connected to the needles), Moxa in raw, pole or direct on the skin in rice grain size gold moxa. A moxa box warming over the abdomen is often used for digestive and menses problems. I also use Gua Sha (which has recently gotten fame for facials) but in its true reality the meaning is to make the skin red (petechiae) to move blood, often felt as fatigue and chronic pain all over body. I also use heat therapy through heat paks including mugwort leaves, and TDP lamps. Topical liniments made in old martial arts style Dit Dat Jiao, treat bruising and aches and pains by moving blood and qi. There are many options we have as a Medicine Practitioner, and I will always include nutirition therapy an general well-being counsel.
DaoQi Acupuncture is a full service acupuncture clinic offering supportive modalities such as Daoist Qigong, Yoga, Self-Healing Technique Trainings, Nutrition and Community Ceremonies. I believe the idea of the doctor shall be more than someone to see with an ailment, but rather medicine moving towards a whole and preventative healthcare.
- Acupuncture – Initial New Patient, 90 minutes*
- Acupuncture – Focused Follow-Up, 60 minutes*
- Auricular (ear seeds or needles) – 20-30 min
- Distal Only (hands and feet) 45 min
- Shonishin (children) & Acupressure (non-needle options), 30-90 minutes
- Telemedicine – 45 min + mail to moxa, tacks, etc.
- Tinctures and Herbs available
- *may include fire cupping, moxa, estim, gua sha (jade scraping), tui na (chinese massage), chinese liniments and oils, direct moxa, heat therapy, scalp acupuncture.
Prices are $1 per min
Discounts are available for 3, 6 and 9 treatment packages. As well as a HealthCare Professional Incentive Discount for those working in a health service both clinic and education environments. Gift Certificates are available upon request.
Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine work with the Western Medicine System. It is common for Medical Practitioners such as Doctors of Osteopathy, Chiropractors, Naturopaths, Massage Therapists, Nutritionists, and Mental Health Practitioners to work adjunctly with acupuncturists and herbalists to make more efficient treatment of imbalance and disease. Most people seek out acupuncture for pain relief. Acute pain and injury can often be resolved in a few treatments, Chronic conditions took time to develop and it will take 4-6 treatments to see significant change.
In this clinic we offer traditional modalities of TCM as well as specialites:
- Hand/Arm/Shoulder specialties: Dupuytrens, Carpal Tunnel, Arthritis, Tendonitis, De Quervains, Trigger Finger, tendonitis, inflammation.
- Headaches and migraines
- Muscle and joint syndromes
- Pediatric and children’s Shonishin
- Topical Herb tinctures and paste therapies
- Foot Bath herbal therapies
- TCM Emergency Medicine classes and trainings
- Daoist Qigong and 5Element Yoga (Private Session)